Mes: abril 2014
Today, 10th of April, is the WORLD ACTION DAY TO SAVE THE YASUNÍ!
In less than one week we have received umpteen PHOTOS WITH MESSAGES OF SOLIDARITY from more than 50 cities of 26 countries from all over the world…and every day coming more!
Student groups, environmental organizations, scientists, famous personalities like Oscar-winner Jared Leto, the social activist and idol of the anti-globalisation movement Naomi Klein (“No Logo”) or the Indian environmental activist Vandana Shiva as well as many individuals have sent us their greetings and best wishes to convoke a national referendum in order to protect the Yasuní-ITT from the invasion of oil companies.
Thanks so much to everybody!
..from the Arctic Circle to Argentina, Brasil over North Korea, Vietnam to the UK, USA, Iceland, Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia. And these are only a few! Have a look to all the lovely and creative greetings that we have got so far: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122028196@N08/
This support is impressive –We all are YASunidos! Please don´t stop sending us more photos!
Furthermore, in these days Ecuadorian embassies and consulates in various countries are receiving LETTERS FROM YASUNÌ SUPPORTERS in order to demand to respect the rights of nature, the human rights as well as the constitutional rights of the Ecuadorian civil society to convoke a referendum to avoid the oil spilling in the Yasuní-ITT.
See some of them here:
- From the International Secretary of the “World Rainforest Movement”, Montevideo/Uruguay: Letter to the Ecuadorian Embassy Montevideo_Uruguay
- From the “Ecologistas en Acción de Bizkaia” (with support from Ecuador-Etxea), Bassque Country/Spain: Letter to the Ecuatorian Consulate Bilbao_Spain
- From the coordinator of “Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros de América Latina”, OCMAL, Santiago/Chile: Letter to the Ecuadorian Embassy Santiago de Chile
- From the Green Party of Bad Vöslau, Vienna/Austria: Letter to the Ecuadorian Embassy Vienna_Austria
- Letter to the Ecuadorian Consulate San Francisco_USA from the following Organizations, San Francisco/USA:
- Yasunidos San Francisco
- Amazon Watch
- Pachamama Alliance
- Women´s Earth and Climate Caucus
- Idle No More SF Bay
- Friends of the Earth – US
- Global Exchange
- Center for Biological Diversity
- Movement Generation
- Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature
- Rainforest Action Network
- Indigenous Environmental Network – International
- International Rivers
- From the “Pacto Mundial Consciente IKWASHENDWNA”, Sao Paulo/Brazil: Letter to the Ecuadorian Embassy Sao Paulo_Brazil
- Press release of the “Comité de Defensa del Yasuní Amazónico” (with support of the Yasunidos Connecticut/New Jersy/N.Y.), New York/USA to convoke a manifestation of support of the Yasunidos Ecuador on 12th of April 2014 en N.Y.: Press release New York_USA
- Furthermore a citizen of Houston/USA and a Ecuadorian living in Miami/USA also sent a letter to the corresponding consulates
In a view days the civil society alliance ofenvironmental, social, and indigenous organizations in Ecuador, Yasunidos, will hand the Ecuadorian government 600 000 signatures that are needed to call for a National Referendum in order to stop the oil exploitation in YASUNI NATIONAL PARK. If the Ecuadorian government accepts the signatures of the Ecuadorians, this will be the question of the first referendum worldwide to protect the rights of nature: “Are you in favor that the Ecuadorian government keeps the oil underground indefinitely under the Yasuní-I TT, also known as Block 43?”
JOIN THE YASUNIDOS MOVEMENT and support the Ecuadorians in their constitutional right for a national referendum that could save the Yasuní rainforest! Protecting the Amazon and preventing a possible ethnocide of the indigenous people in the area should not know any national borders. Let´s speak worldwide with one voice – for life, against the oil!
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE FROM YOUR COUNTRY:
1. Send us your photos, videos and messages of support saying that the ECUADORIAN´S RIGHT TO A REFERENDUM SHOULD BE RESPECTED. Help to let the Ecuadorian people decide! Use your creativity! Take a picture with your message, the city and country you are from and send it to us TILL 10th OF APRIL 2014, to:
Here are the photos we have received so far from many cities around the world: http://www.yasunidosinternacional.org
2. Sign the petition: https://secure.avaaz.org/es/petition/Save_Yasuni_the_Last_Wonder_of_the_Amazon and remit it to all your friends and family!
3. Visit your Ecuadorian consulate or embassy in your city. Organize a peaceful protest and deliver a personal letter stating why you think it is important to SAVE YASUNÍ. Please take pictures and/or a video of it and send it to us, as well as TILL 10th OF APRIL!